Monday 30 December 2013

CND Shellac Christmas Nail Art - #7 Charmed Collection Dotticure

Back in October I posted about the new CND Shellac limited edition Christmas 'Charmed' collection and as I'm sure you all guessed, it didn't take me long to add them to my stash! Then the perfect opportunity came to try them all out.... Check out these beauties:


This is Maddie and her Christmas manicure of choice for 2013 or should I say 'dotticure'. We were inspired by a design from Hannah at The Nail Trail that she did in OPI nail polish (I think!):

photo from @thenailtrail on instagram
Although I can't find the design on her website, it was on her instagram (@thenailtrail) and you can find the exact post here or here.

To recreate this in CND Shellac we managed to use the entire Charmed collection, plus a few others:
The base colour is two coats of Studio White followed by one coat of Silver VIP Status.
The dots for the Christmas tree are Frosted Glen and Serene Green and the dots on the other nails are Frosted Glen, Serene Green, Scarlet Letter, Ice Vapor and Tinsel Toast. To create the different sized dots I used two different dotting tools - the Orly Dotter Duo and CND dotting tool that came with the original additives kit.
To the top of each Christmas tree I added silver star glequin from the Born Pretty Store and I finished off by adding top coat.


This is hands down, one of my favourite (if not the favourite) Christmas designs so far! What do you think?
Disclaimer - I purchased all the products used for this manicure myself, and if you want more info about myself and CND Shellac then check out my disclaimer page here. What's not to like about nail art that actually lasts?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...