Monday 30 December 2013

CND Shellac Christmas Nail Art - #6 Turquoise Twinkle




The glitter's out in full force for this one (and turquoise was quite a popular colour choice this year too it seems). Kate's request was for a little Christmas art, so she decided on a tree and a present design for the middle and ring fingers and the thumb (not pictured) whilst her first and little finger were just glitter.

For the first and little fingers I used 2 coats of Hotski to Tchotchke and then 2 coats of a turquoise glitter paste - I mixed together Mother of Pearl and some Gosh Nail Glitter in 09 Turquoise.

The thumb, middle and ring fingers were a little more tricky! As Kate wanted a gold glitter detail, I decided to use an engraving effect that I had seen used before by Holly Schippers (Fingernailfixer). I applied 2 coats of Tinsel Toast, then after curing, added 1 coat of Hotski to Tchotchke. Before curing this, I used a dotting tool to engrave the pattern I wanted on each nail and once happy I then cured that coat. I then used 1 coat of the turquoise glitter paste from the other nails to go over the nail art, re-engraved the pattern, cured again and then finished with top coat.

A little tricky but I like the overall effect of the engraving, I think I might have a little play around with that technique...

Most Gosh Nail Glitters are available from Superdrug in the UK for £4.99 (only the 02 Gold is online, the other colours are all in store).

What do you think?

Disclaimer - I purchased all the products used for this manicure myself, and if you want more info about myself and CND Shellac then check out my disclaimer page here. What's not to like about nail art that actually lasts?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...