Friday, 30 December 2011
CND Shellac Nail Art - Glitter Fade Barbie Style!
Cue: Barbie style Glitter Fade...
I only had the desk lamp for the photo this evening, so in real life the pale baby pink of the Strawberry Smoothie is more prominent and the glitter is more lilac, but the photo shows a pretty good representation of the final look.
To achieve this look, I did the following:
1) prepped the nails the recommended CND way
2) applied Shellac Base Coat - cured for 10 seconds
3) applied 2 coats of Shellac Strawberry Smoothie - curing for 120 seconds in between each coat
4) mixed a glitter paste using Shellac Zillionaire and Gosh Nail Glitter in Topaz Lavender
5) used a nail art brush to apply the glitter paste in a 'fade' on the lower half of the nails - cured for 120 seconds
6) applied Shellac Top Coat - cured for 120 seconds
and there you have it, nails that would do Barbie proud!
What do you think? Would you try this colour combination? How are you going to wear your nails for NYE 2011?