Monday 30 December 2013

CND Shellac Christmas Nail Art - #5 French and Gold

The festive season called for many a glittery mani and I thought I best get my butt in gear to show you some of the designs I've done for various Christmas manicure requests. If you follow me on instagram then you will have spotted the pictures in the next few posts already, so apologies for the repeats!



A classic French manicure I could probably do with my eyes closed (well not exactly, but you get my drift!) so those who are partial to a nice crisp white tip often opt for a bit of glitter to spice it up for Christmas. Typically gold or silver is most requested, and above is the gold version. I do a french manicure as normal (above is 1 coat of Negligee and 2 coats of Cream Puff) and then paint on a glitter line with a fine detailer brush, before finally adding top coat.

For the gold - mix up a glitter paste of Tinsel Toast and some Gosh Nail Gitter in 02 Gold to give the glitter a bit more 'oomph'. You could also use Gold VIP Status as a mixer if you wished.

To make a silver - mix up a glitter paste of Silver VIP Status or the new Ice Vapor with some Gosh Nail Glitter in 01 Silver.

For other glitter colours, you could also use Zillionaire or Mother of Pearl as a mixer. Most Gosh Nail Glitters are available from Superdrug in the UK for £4.99 (only the 02 Gold is online, the other colours are all in store).

Enjoy!

Disclaimer - I purchased all the products used for this manicure myself, and if you want more info about myself and CND Shellac then check out my disclaimer page here. What's not to like about nail art that actually lasts?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...