Sunday 20 January 2013

CND Shellac Nail Art - Glitter Fade Mermaid Style





Aaahh, now this was one of my favourite manicures I've done since I started doing Shellac. This is of course Fudge, you met here back here when she had her WAH inspired nails, and she likes to test my abilities with requests for new and challenging nail designs.

She can make Shellac hold on her talons for up to 4 weeks (God knows how!) so the practicalities behind this one were that nail growth had to be less obvious. She also missed the glitter from her old acrylic days, so this incorporated both. Now, before you question me, these are her REAL nails, I promise! No tips were used in the making of this manicure...

She opted for CND Shellac in Negligee as a base colour (two coats) and a glitter fade using CND Shellac in Mother of Pearl and Gosh Nail Glitters in Blue Sapphire and Amethyst Purple (available from Superdrug in store). To add some extra sparkle I mixed into the glitter fade, some glequins from the Born Pretty Store in a pale pink, blue and turquoise. I painted the fade on in two coats to make sure I got a solid looking glitter tip and I also placed some extra glequins onto the top layer before curing it. I finished off with top coat and there you have it, nails a mermaid would be proud of.

This has inspired me to look for a navy blue glitter as Fudge would have preferred this slightly darker if we had a deeper blue. But overall she was very happy... and I was very proud :)
Disclaimer - All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. I might not be a professional, but I sure love me some Shellac nail art :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...