Sunday 5 May 2013

CND Shellac Spring 2013 Sweetdreams Swatches


It seems yonks ago since I told you about the CND Shellac Sweetreams collection release this Spring - here.

Kate (last seen here) went easy on me with the nail art requests this time and simply wanted a rainbow of pastels. So we picked out the four main colours from the Spring collection and went for a good ol' skittle mani. Now I did something different with the green so let me explain the colours:

little finger - Azure Wish - a gorgeous soft pale blue with the tiniest hint of shimmer. I love the fact that CND have brought out another blue, just keep them coming!

ring finger - Lilac Longing - a beautiful creme lilac. This expands the 'purple' Shellac selection quite nicely now and it looks great paired with the blue above in nail art.

middle finger - Cake Pop - a pale pink creme. Which when put next to the other pinks in the Shellac range, looks almost a very pale lilac.

index finger - Limeade  mixed with some Cream Puff - now the green is semi-sheer and has a sparkle finish (not to my taste or Kate's either) when worn alone. So a little trick I've discovered is to mix it with some white in a ceramic dish - it takes away the sparkle leaving it completely creme and now pastel-fied. I love it like this, but it did need three coats to make it opaque.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have found that with this collection (other than Grapefruit Sparkle not shown here) I get horrific shrinkage from the nail tip. I've tried everything and it still doesn't help. So I'm finding that these tend to need three coats as a minimum to get the required finish. Has anyone else had that issue?

Despite the application issues, I'm just so glad that Shellac finally dipped into the pastel market. Here's to many more... I hope!
Disclaimer - All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. Once you Shellac you never go back!

6 comments:

  1. HI there !
    I stumbles across your blog and loving all th great ideas, Thanks.
    Regards to the shrinkage from the nail tip, do you shake the bottles up to 30 seconds before applying ? It helps to mix everything, you should do it with all bottles before first application.
    Hope this Helps
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley,

      Thanks for your lovely comment :) I have shaken the bottles - numerous times - and given them a good mix with the brush but I still find that I get shrinkage. I always shake all of my bottles but I still find that these pastel are the worse for shrinking back. Do any of yours have the same issue?

      Jem xx

      Delete
    2. I don't currently have any of the pastel colours myself. I will ask a friend that has them if she is having any problems.
      The only other thing to to email CND and ask.

      Delete
    3. I was thinking I might try that. Thanks Ashley :)

      Delete
  2. You do know that you aren't supposed to mix Shellac?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, I know it's not meant to be but it does work well for nail art and sometimes for creating new colour options - I have to be careful though as it doesn't always turn out as I hope!
      Jem xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...