Saturday 23 February 2013

CND Shellac Nail Art - Stippling with Cityscape and Midnight Swim



Remember those amazing gradient dots (à la Chalkboard Nails) that I did for Jene back here? Well she's back, but opting for a slightly different effect this time.

This manicure was made up of CND Shellac Cityscape for the base and then Midnight Swim over the top. I used to two coats of the pale grey to create a smooth, opaque base, then I roughly painted a French manicure tip using the dark blue. To create the stipple effect I used a small fan brush and some of the blue in a mixing palette, and literally 'stippled' it onto the nail to blue the distinct French tip line I'd created. I then gradually moved the stippling further towards the cuticle to create a gradient effect.

Next step is to try this with a make-up sponge and see if Shellac will conform to the classic nail polish gradient I see so much of online.


Disclaimer - All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. I might not be a professional, but I sure love me some Shellac nail art :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...