Sunday 18 November 2012

CND Nail Art - Additives and Animal Print


Well we haven't seen Nat on here for a little while now, so thought I better post one of my CND additives experiments that she let me try out on her. This is actually a manicure I did for her back in September... oops, I am getting very behind aren't I??!

I had just received my starter kit of CND Additives, and it included this gorgeous bronze pigment called Antique Bronze. Nat had her eye on a design by the talented Bedizzle (twitter: @bbedizzle, instagram: bedizzle) - you can check out her fab nail art blog here bedizzlenails.blogspot.co.uk - so we decided it was a match made in heaven that had to be trialled. And I think it turned out pretty well!

You can check out Bedizzle's design that we got out inspiration from here on web.stagram and she also posted a tutorial here.

To create the look above with CND Shellac, we used Cream Puff as a base on all of Nat's nails and Blackpool on the ring fingers.

On the Cream Puff nails I created a gradient effect with additives and animal print. I used one of the brushes from the CND Additives kit to stipple on the Antique Bronze in a gradient up each of the nails. With a small detailer brush, I then painted a leopard print design over the top, using a gradient of Blackpool then a mixture of Blackpool and Iced Cappuccino and then just Iced Cappuccino. If you look carefully, the leopard print gradient goes diagonally across the nail from bottom right near the nail tip to the top left near the cuticle.

I topped it all off with CND Shellac Top Coat and voila! What do you think?

Disclaimer - All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. I might not be a professional, but I sure love me some Shellac nail art :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...