Sunday 6 May 2012

CND Shellac - French Manicure with a twist

 It's been a long time since I posted some Shellac french manicures, so here two come along at once! But with a slight twist of course....

CND Shellac Beau and Cream Puff with silver Konad Stamping
CND Shellac Strawberry Smoothie and Cream Puff with pink glitter swash
Let me introduce you to my friend Maddie, who I am bridesmaid for later this Summer (check out the sparkler on that finger!). She had heard about me doing Shellac so I offered to show her what it's like and see if she too would catch the gel-polish bug!

Both times I have done her nails, she has opted for classic french manicure, but Maddie being Maddie, could not leave it at that and so we added a couple of extra little twists to make them her own.

First time round, I used one coat of Beau for the base colour and then added one coat of Cream Puff for the tips. She got a little excited over my vast array of Konad designs and decided on three different stamps to use. So before I added top coat, I stamped the hearts and stars designs from the M3 plate onto alternate fingers, using my Konad silver polish. On the thumbs (not pictured) I stamped the butterfly design from the M68 plate, again in the silver special polish. Finally I added top coat and I was done. I quite like that the stamps aren't hugely noticeable until you look closely.

Second time round, she wanted french again but wanted 'the pink more pink'. So we went for two coats of Strawberry Smoothie before adding one coat of Cream Puff for the tips. She decided that glitter was the way to go this time, so we picked out my GOSH nail glitter in Rose Quartz. Then, instead of just applying top coat, I mixed it with a little of the pink nail glitter in a palette and then used a nail art brush to apply it to the nails. So the top coat had the effect of a glitter sprinkling in it. I like the way that the glitter is picked out in the light but it's not too much so that the nails are overly 'glitzy'.

Of course, both looks are easily created with normal polish too - they just won't last quite as long!


Disclaimer - All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. I might not be a professional, but I sure love me some Shellac nail art :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...