Saturday 27 October 2012

CND Shellac Nail Art - Gotcha & Silver Glitter Chevrons


Ah, here's another one from the archives.... this was an experiment I tried out on myself after I was bored of the silver glitter tips and I think it turned out really well.

I'd just ordered a couple of new Shellac colours and decided to try out the Gotcha. I was trawling through my instagram 'likes' to find some inspiration when I came across one of Michelles Poena's designs I thought I'd try (find Michelle's blog here - http://michelleinwonderland-michelle.blogspot.co.uk/ and on instagram - @michellepoena).

I painted all my nails (bar the ring finger) with Gotcha then mixed up a silver glitter paste with Mother of Pearl and some Gosh nail glitter in silver, and I painted that on as an accent nail. The first coat was cured for 120 seconds and then I added a second, curing for 120 seconds, on all nails. I used some striping tape to tape off the triangular area on my Gotcha nails and then used the glitter paste to fill in the chevrons. After curing the glitter detail for 120 seconds, I added the small diamantés to the tips of the triangles and topped it off with top coat to seal it all in.

A little barbie-ish but I like it all the same :) What do you think?

Disclaimer - All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. I might not be a professional, but I sure love me some Shellac nail art :)

5 comments:

  1. I love these! Do you find that using the paste method is the best way to do rockstar nails? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mimi, Yes I much prefer the paste method as it's much less messy. Does that help? Jem xx

      Delete
  2. Would it be possible to help explain how you make a glitter paste? I'm also a Shellac user and have glitter available, however I'm not quite sure how to get the glitter mixture so well covered on the nail and wondered if you may be able to give a tutorial that shows us the amount of mixture, brush you use to paint it on, etc.


    Here's the text you've put on your blog that I'm referring to: "mixed up a silver glitter paste with Mother of Pearl and some Gosh nail glitter in silver, and I painted that on as an accent nail."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, I do hope to do a tutorial at some point, it's just finding the time. The best way to explain is to google 'cnd shellac glitter paste' and watch the fingernailfixer video on youtube. Hope that helps! Jem xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Jem! I also received your email and GREATLY appreciate it. And thank you for choosing to be a teacher - that's an incredible, self-less profession.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...