Saturday 13 April 2013

CND Shellac Nail Art - Freehand Geometric


Instagram provides an array of inspiring nailart designs and this is exactly that - a beautiful freehand geometric pattern from the talented Julia Martinez (@_juliamartinez). If you don't already follow me on instagram, you can find me at @brushupmakeup and I highly recommend you add Julia to your following list too!

I'm an avid follower of many nail-art-art and for Stacey's next manicure this was the perfect design. Julia posted the original design followed by a handy tutorial so anyone can recreate this look:

Julia used China Glaze for this design
(photo courtesy of @_juliamartinez on instagram)
(photo courtesy of @_juliamartinez on instagram)
Although Jene was one of the first to dabble in my new pastel Shellac shades (here) Stacey went one step further and we used three of the Sweetdreams collection for this look.

The colours we used were all CND Shellac:
pale pink - Cake Pop
purple - Lilac Longing
blue - Azure Wish
silver glitter - mixture of Mother of Pearl and Gosh Nail Glitter in 02 Silver



It did require a lot of patience and plenty of time - trust me, no tape was used in the making of this manicure! The Cake Pop was used as a base colour on all the nails and then I added the geometric triangle patterns of the blue, purple and silver to create the final design.

Disclaimer - All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. Once you Shellac you never go back!

2 comments:

  1. Ah I just posted about my Shellac nails inspired by your barbie glitter fades (and included your link in my post)

    Its true, once you shellac you never go back haha! Beautiful look :)

    kathrynscupcakes.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Kathryn! What a lovely post, I love your recreation.
      Jem xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...