Sunday 30 December 2012

CND Shellac Christmas Nail Art - #2 Red, Green & White

With flash
Finally, a little break today so I can get posting these Christmas manicures! Here's the second one of the season, in Shellac again of course, but this time it's Gemma. You've yet to see Gemma on here but I have some of her ideas to post about soon, she likes to push the boat out with nail art, almost as much as Stacey!

She ummed and ahhhed over different ideas, and as she couldn't decide on just one, we decided to mix it up with something different on each nail. Gemma was set on red, green and white so we then took a little while to decide on what arrangement of colours we'd do the designs in. After much deliberation we came up with red and green as a base and then green and white for nail art detail. 

As you can see below, the first, middle and little fingers got the Wildfire treatment - the perfect Christmas red. The thumb and the ring finger got a glittery Christmas green glitter paste. Now Shellac don't do a classic 'green' so we improvised - in a palette I mixed a couple of drops of Pretty Poison with a couple of drops of Hotski to Tchotchke and added some Gosh Nail glitter in Jade Green - it made the perfect Christmas Tree Shade.

Base colour - before nail art
I then painted the various patterns on top of the base colours pictured above. Gemma decided on the following:

First finger - snowflake and snow design in Cream Puff painted with a detailer brush
Middle finger - present ribbon design using the green glitter paste from before, painted with a detailer brush
Ring finger and thumb - left as the green glitter base
Little finger - candy cane stripes, thick and thin, in Cream Puff painted with a detailer brush


Without flash

These were nowhere near as time consuming as I thought they might be; it gave me the idea to try out more of the mix'n'match WAH nails designs I see on Instagram. What do you think?


Disclaimer - All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. I might not be a professional, but I sure love me some Shellac nail art :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...